Our Renfrewshire is: Safe
The crime rate in Renfrewshire has consistently reduced, and is now 3% lower than in 2013/14. Renfrewshire also continues to have a high rate of detections of crime, seizure of drugs and other goods associated with crimes. Surveys tell us that Renfrewshire is a safe place to live for the great
majority of people.
Police Scotland has introduced a new Community Policing Model in Renfrewshire in 2017, which has resulted in more community police officers on visible patrol on the streets. Paisley was also awarded Purple Flag status for its evening and night time economy in 2017. Purple Flag is the benchmark for good night time destinations—areas awarded the Purple Flag are recognised for providing a vibrant and diverse mix of dining, entertainment and culture while promoting the safety and wellbeing of visitors and local residents.
• Protecting vulnerable adults and children, ensuring they can live safely and independently
• Tackling domestic abuse and gender based violence
• Managing risk of harm and offending behaviour
• Supporting prison leavers within the community justice arrangements
• Making sure we are ready to respond to major threats and crisis