Our Renfrewshire is: Well
We want people in Renfrewshire to feel well, both physically and mentally. Although most people in Renfrewshire consider themselves to be in good health, there are significant health inequalities that still exist in our area .
In particular, mental health is a rising priority across Renfrewshire. Good mental wellbeing means that people feel confident and have positive self-esteem, are able to build and maintain good relationships with others, can live and work productively and are able to cope and adapt in times of change and uncertainty.
• Promoting wellbeing and good mental health, particularly in our young people
• Promoting healthy lifestyles that support both physical and mental health
• Tackling isolation and loneliness, by connecting people to their communities, and to services
• Enable people to live healthier, for longer, by supporting our older population to stay active
• Developing strong community-based services that respond to local need
• Enabling communities to have their voice heard, and influence the places and services that affect them