Diversity and Equality Alliance in Renfrewshire (DEAR) group
Terms of reference and membership
The role of the Group
1. Diversity and Equality Alliance in Renfrewshire (DEAR) group is led by equality groups and is part of Renfrewshire Community Planning Partnership. The DEAR group contributes to the wider agenda of community empowerment through the Forum for Empowering Communities group within Renfrewshire Community Planning Structure.
2. The group advises and contributes to the development and promotion of the current, emerging and evolving equalities agenda within Renfrewshire.
3. The group aims to tackle inequality issues in constructive ways in order to positively change perspectives and promote more inclusive attitudes in Renfrewshire by working closely with Renfrewshire Community Planning Partnership and equality led community groups.
- Agree actions to achieve successful promotion, integration and mainstreaming of equalities across Renfrewshire.
- Develop evidence based multi-agency equality outcomes that add value and support service improvement and delivery to meet the needs of people across the protected characteristics.
- Update, review (yearly), monitor & report on progress against DEAR group action plan.
- Undertake benchmarking and relevant consultation to establish evolving needs and emerging issues across protected characteristics to support the development of the equalities agenda as a whole.
- Act as a hub to advice, inform, update and disseminate information on policy development at national and local level.
- Identify & address equality gaps in Renfrewshire by collaborating on projects & working in partnership with the community planning partners, third sector and local community
- Involve and engage a wide range of individuals and organisations to build strong relationships between voluntary and statutory organisations as a mechanism to develop good community relations and to promote the exchange of information, knowledge, ideas and good practice programmes.
- Receive relevant information and updates from the Grey Space group and Renfrewshire Integration Network.
- Contribute to the wider community empowerment through the Forum for Empowering Communities agenda.
Ways of working
- The group will meet 8 weekly, minimum of 6 times year.
- Members of the Group should submit all agenda items 2 weeks before each meeting.
- Members of the Group will receive papers one week before each meeting.
- Minutes of the meeting will be kept by a minutes secretary and agreed by all members of the group who attended the meeting.
- Members may be contacted between meetings for advice should the need arise.
- From time to time sub-groups/ project groups may be formed to work on specific issues as appropriate.
- From time to time individuals may be co-opted to provide specific advice and expertise as required.
Membership consists of community groups, public and third sector organisations
Membership is reviewed and updated on annual basis. (updated 30/10/2018)
- Association of African Communities in Renfrewshire
- Disability Resource Centre
- Engage Renfrewshire
- Jubilee House
- Police Scotland
- Renfrewshire Access Panel
- Renfrewshire Council
- Renfrewshire Effort To Empower Minorities (REEM)
- Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership
- Renfrewshire Interfaith Group
- Renfrewshire Polish Association (RenPA)
- Renfrewshire Rising
- Renfrewshire Women’s Aid
- ROAR – Connections for Life
- Scottish Disability Equality Forum (SDEF)
- Soroptomist International – Paisley
- The Neighbourhood Challenge
- TransForm Renfrewshire
- University West of Scotland
- West of Scotland Regional Equality Council (WSREC)
- Women and Children First
- Outspoken Arts