Partnership working is mature in Renfrewshire, both between the statutory community planning partners, and across the wider Community Planning Partnership network.
All of the community planning partners face significant financial pressures, uncertainty or increases in service demand over the coming years, which will make identifying opportunities to share and connect our resources increasingly important, along with the ability to adapt and adjust our services for the communities we serve.
It is important that the community planning partnership continue to operate in sustainable and connected manner. Therefore our priorities for the partnership are:
- Listening and responding to the needs of communities, and partners
- Sharing data and intelligence across the partnership
- Identifying opportunities to share and connect public, private and third sector resources to reduce inequalities
- Supporting people to access the right service at the right time, reducing demand on acute and response services
- Empowering communities to provide sustainable services
In 2016, the Community Planning Partnership reviewed its governance arrangements to improve oversight, reduce duplication and better reflect the partnership working arrangements that were in place across Renfrewshire.
The main partnership groups that will drive forward the delivery of the Community Plan are:
- Economic Leadership Panel – This is a new group set up to inform Renfrewshire’s Economic Framework, with members across the private and public sector, with a strong focus on Renfrewshire’s business community. It is chaired by the Principal and Chief Executive of West College Scotland.
- Health and Social Care Strategic Planning Group – This group is part of the Health and Social Care Partnership’s governance arrangements, and reports directly to the Health and Social Care Integrated Joint Board. It is chaired by the HSCP Chief Officer, and is comprised of partners across various public and third sector organisations with an interest in health and social care.
- Community Protection Chief Officers Group – This group brings together the Chief Officers of organisations across Renfrewshire with public protection role. It is chaired by the Chief Executive of Renfrewshire Council. Connected to this, there is also a ‘Member Officer Group’ which brings together elected members and key officers, and has a scrutiny role.
- Improving Life Chances Board – This is a new group which will be established to take forward partnership work around life chances and inequalities. It will replace both the Children and Young People’s thematic board, and also the Tackling Poverty Steering Group.
- Forum for Empowering Communities – This group continues from the previous governance arrangements, and provides a key link between the Community Planning Partnership, the third sector in Renfrewshire, and our communities. It is chaired by the Chief Executive of Engage Renfrewshire, and is comprised of third sector organisations.
We have introduced a Community Planning Partnership Executive Group, chaired by the Chief Executive of Renfrewshire Council and comprised of Chief Executive level officers across the Partnership. In addition, there is also a Community Planning Partnership Oversight Group chaired by the Leader of Renfrewshire Council, and comprising conveners of the Council’s policy boards and a member of the Opposition Group.