Renfrewshire Community Planning Partnership (RCPP) brings together public, private and third sector agencies, along with Renfrewshire’s local communities to plan and deliver better services and to ensure that these services make a real difference to people’s lives.
Significant statutory changes have been introduced through the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 and as a result, RCPP has restructured to ensure partners focus on joint strategic priorities and the collective efforts add the most value for Renfrewshire’s communities, with particular emphasis on reducing inequalities.
The main partnership groups that will drive forward the delivery of the Community Plan are:
- Economic Leadership Panel – This is a new group set up to inform Renfrewshire’s Economic Framework, with members across the private and public sector, with a strong focus on Renfrewshire’s business community. It is chaired by the Principal and Chief Executive of West College Scotland.
- Health and Social Care Strategic Planning Group – This group is part of the Health and Social Care Partnership’s governance arrangements, and reports directly to the Health and Social Care Integrated Joint Board. It is chaired by the HSCP Chief Officer, and is comprised of partners across various public and third sector organisations with an interest in health and social care.
- Community Protection Chief Officers Group – This group brings together the Chief Officers of organisations across Renfrewshire with public protection role. It is chaired by the Chief Executive of Renfrewshire Council. Connected to this, there is also a ‘Member Officer Group’ which brings together elected members and key officers, and has a scrutiny role.
- Improving Life Chances Board – This is a new group which will be established to take forward partnership work around life chances and inequalities. It will replace both the Children and Young People’s thematic board, and also the Tackling Poverty Steering Group.
- Forum for Empowering Communities – This group continues from the previous governance arrangements, and provides a key link between the Community Planning Partnership, the third sector in Renfrewshire, and our communities. It is chaired by the Chief Executive of Engage Renfrewshire, and is comprised of third sector organisations.
We have introduced a Community Planning Partnership Executive Group, chaired by the Chief Executive of Renfrewshire Council and comprised of Chief Executive level officers across the Partnership. In addition, there is also a Community Planning Partnership Oversight Group chaired by the Leader of Renfrewshire Council, and comprising conveners of the Council’s policy boards and a member of the Opposition Group.
To assist the work underway to develop the Council’s approach to supporting community empowerment, Local Partnerships have been established to replace Local Area Committees with the core functions of the Partnerships being to work together to identify, set and share local community priorities; make connections and networks between community groups and the wider community; to listen to, consult and represent local communities; and to distribute grants to support local priorities.
Further information on the Local Partnership can be found on Renfrewshire Council’s website.
Please note that the minutes and agendas for the Renfrewshire Community Planning Partnership can be accessed here. If you cannot find what you are looking for, or if you have a specific question about community planning, please contact email@example.com